With budget pressures, devolution, preparing for 100% business rate retention, the need for new sources of funding, the LEP Review, Local Industrial Strategies and UK SPF there’s never been a more important time to be a member.
As a CEDOS member you and your colleagues will have access to all of the following:
- High quality speakers from across key government departments, national organisations and agencies on key issues
- The opportunity to inform and influence government with a collective voice, responding to national consultations, Parliamentary Select Committees and All-Party Groups
- The chance to take part in and benefit from practitioner-based research informing the basis for influencing policy nationally and locally and identifying economic initiatives across the country
- Great networking, information and contacts from across local authority economic development enabling you to keep up to date, share knowledge and exchange best practice.
- Close ties to other networking groups including Local Government Association, the Association of Directors of Environment, Economy Planning and Transport, the Institute of Economic Development.
RSA Inclusive Growth Commission – evidence from the Chief Economic Development Officers Society (CEDOS)
We welcome the establishment by the RSA of the Inclusive Growth Commission. As a professional society, whose membership includes local authorities and local enterprise partnerships from all parts of England – city and county; urban and rural, inclusive growth is
MEMORANDUM OF EVIDENCE FROM THE CHIEF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICERS SOCIETY (CEDOS)
We welcome the Government’s consultation on the Green Paper Building our Industrial Strategy. We are pleased to submit our response, for which we have taken soundings with our members across the country.